Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bryce Canyon Half Marathon & Family Pics & Idaho

Each year we try and run the Bryce Canyon Half Marathon. This year I was REALLY nervous - little training and a sore foot were stressing me out. We geared up to run anyway, and I'm so glad we did. It felt GREAT! I was repeatedly reminded, "This is why I love running!" There's just an irreplaceable feeling that you can't get any other way!

Sleeping at the hotel the night before; we saw our long-lost friend, Ali

The runners; Falyn is pretty much a big deal and in charge of the whole thing!


After the race, we showered, ate, and waited for the brothers to join us. We headed the back way to Wayne County to get some family pictures taken (see a couple of posts ago). I AM SO MAD AT ALL MY ESCALANTE/GARFIELD CO FRIENDS for not telling me how beautiful it is past Escalante (I'll forgive you, tho). All I can say is WOW ! We got a few fun shots in such beautiful scenery.

Jeep & Me; the whole Tribe

Sisters; Brothers

At Calf Creek...

Planking & eating lunch... good times!


The next weekend I jumped in with Kait and headed to Idaho for some more weddings. It was quick but full of so much fun. I really felt the Spirit in the temple @ Mitch & Beth's weddings!

Kait & Me outside the IF Temple

My mom with her twin-niece, Delene.
Can you tell which one is which?

Tay & Dalaki dancing at the reception :)

2 comments:

Nat Lud said...

That pic of your mom and her niece is crazy! So similar! Looks like the Spaulding's have been busy! You guys are such a great family. I love how much family fun stuff you do together!

Crystal said...

Love all the pics and yeah that pic of your mom with her niece....they look like twins! Good job on the half marathon, you guys are awesome!!