Wednesday, January 20, 2016

A Lesson on Faith

Sometimes things happen that I hope I never forget.  Here is an example of a lesson I recently relearned:

This last Sunday Kinley gave a talk in sacrament meeting.  She choose FAITH as her topic.  As I listened to her explain faith with scriptures, quotes, and metaphors, my heart just about burst with how pleased and humbled I am to be her mother.  She finished her talk with a personal testimony of faith.  She talked about when she was 7 and her sister got sick, more specifically, diagnosed with cancer.  One day someone told her how serious Tay's sickness was, and it scared Kinley; she's definitely a worrier (must be an oldest child thing).  She said many prayers and asked Heavenly Father for help during this hard time.  She said He sent her comfort, and she knew in her heart that her sister would be ok even though it would be hard.

I've thought frequently about her pure testimony the last couple of days, and I wish I could put into words how I feel about it.  I can't help but find gratitude that Kinley learned such an important lesson at such a young age, and I know she can draw on that faith when things get hard now and in the future.  An interesting lesson comes to my mind: Even though trials are so difficult, there are certain things we learn from them that we could not otherwise learn.  How else would Kinley KNOW about faith as well as she does?  

I'm so thankful for the lessons I've learned in my life that have shaped me into the person I am now.  I'm far from perfect, but I'm thankful for a loving Heavenly Father and Savior to help me on this journey of life.  I'm also especially thankful for these beautiful reminders my children give me.
Wise beyond her years...
Sisterly love!

Photo cred: KiMoments Photography


No comments: