This was the second year we participated in the Beaver County Relay for Life. I have to say that it's such a neat and humbling experience. Local survivors are honored, and those who lost the battle are remembered. There are balloons and luminaries present, which represent HOPE - which we all must have in the fight against Cancer. Also, we went all night doing laps because Cancer never sleeps.
I'm so thankful to my family and friends for helping our team! We clocked more laps than last year, and we raised more money! TAKE THAT - STUPID CANCER!
Tay with her survivor medal; Kin & Tay carrying the banner


More banner; balloons and hope rising


Kin in the hula hoop contest; Mom, Trex, & others...


Reese, Christie, Kait, etc; Kiana, Jess, & me


Worn out brothers - Kam & Trex; the happy couple (a week before wedding)


Tay went over 5 miles - WOW; Kayla & Dalaki
(he never stopped and clocked 40 miles in less than 12 hours)


Also, in Spaulding news: Jeep was called as the 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric. He feels humbled and nervous for this new adventure. I am so proud of him, even though I'm sure I'm not old enough to be married to a bishopric member :) He is such a great guy, though, and so Christ-like. He genuinely cares for people, and it shows in the way he treats them. I'm so lucky to be married to such a selfless guy! I love you, Jeep!
The 2nd Counselor & me; Jeep and his brother Josh (He came down to ordain Jeep).


Our lives are busy but full!
I'm so thankful to my family and friends for helping our team! We clocked more laps than last year, and we raised more money! TAKE THAT - STUPID CANCER!
Tay with her survivor medal; Kin & Tay carrying the banner
More banner; balloons and hope rising
Kin in the hula hoop contest; Mom, Trex, & others...
Reese, Christie, Kait, etc; Kiana, Jess, & me
Worn out brothers - Kam & Trex; the happy couple (a week before wedding)
Tay went over 5 miles - WOW; Kayla & Dalaki
(he never stopped and clocked 40 miles in less than 12 hours)
Also, in Spaulding news: Jeep was called as the 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric. He feels humbled and nervous for this new adventure. I am so proud of him, even though I'm sure I'm not old enough to be married to a bishopric member :) He is such a great guy, though, and so Christ-like. He genuinely cares for people, and it shows in the way he treats them. I'm so lucky to be married to such a selfless guy! I love you, Jeep!
The 2nd Counselor & me; Jeep and his brother Josh (He came down to ordain Jeep).
Our lives are busy but full!
2 comments:
That makes me smile. Jeep is an awesome guy, but he has an awesome gal by his side :) I hope everyone grows up with an amazing group of friends like I did!
haha! :) I loved that, "take that stupid cancer!" you guys are so great! and congrats on the calling!
Post a Comment